Monday, August 16, 2010

A Coward Mont Blanc

The world is not perfect. Living in this day and age, it's easy to see that. So then why must we turn a blind eye to the suffering of others? We are told that there is nothing we can do to change it. There is nothing to be done, so why bother trying to change it?

I won't accept that. I can't accept it. To stare disaster in the face, throw my hands up in the air, and forget about it is to become someone that I don't want to be. Isn't it better to be passionate? To care, to raise your fists and scream in the face of so much injustice?

I know the world isn't black and white. It's more like gray and gray. This is the kind of thinking that a child clings to. I'm not a child. It's time I grow up and forget all of this. Put it aside. Become an adult. Youthful idealism can only get you so far.

But I don't want to let it go. I'm scared to. If I stop caring, will anyone pick up where I leave off?

Will anyone care?

No comments:

Post a Comment